Language Program Director
French 0300 Coordinator
- BA in French – Hamilton College
- PhD in French and Francophone Studies – University of California, Los Angeles
- Global Francophone Literature, Film, and Media
- Colonial and Postcolonial Studies
- Vietnamese Diasporas
- Contemporary Francosphere
- Critical Race Studies
- Gender Studies
- Food Studies
- Digital Media
- Language Pedagogy
- Inclusive and Equitable Pedagogies
Selected Publications (ORCid: 0000-0001-5898-6616):
- “‘#AsiatiquesDeFrance’: Confronting Anti-Asian Racism in Contemporary France through Digital Media.” Special issue of Contemporary French Civilization: Intersections, manuscript under review, expected 2023.
- “Reading for Food in Diasporic Vietnamese Narrative Cookbooks.” Routledge Handbook of the Vietnamese Diaspora, forthcoming 2023.
- “‘Le Riz d’Indochine’ at the French Table: Representations of Food, Race and the Vietnamese in a Colonial-Era Board Game.” Modern and Contemporary France, vol. 29, no. 3, 2021, pp. 243-260, https://doi.org/10.1080/09639489.2020.1814713.
- “Decolonizing French Food through Literature and Culture,” edited by Jennifer Boum Make and Elizabeth M. Collins, special issue of Modern and Contemporary France, vol. 29, no. 3, 2021, https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/cmcf20/29/3.
Williams Hall 533
Office Hours: Sign up for a time here: https://calendly.com/emc1penn/heures-de-permanence-avec-elizabeth-collins
- French 0300: Intermediate I
- French 1000: Advanced French
- French 2180: From West Africa to West Philadelphia: Creating Community in the Francophone Diaspora